Elementary, My Dear Murdoch
Elementary, My Dear Murdoch is the 4th episode of season 1 of the Canadian TV series Murdoch Mysteries produced by Shaftesbury Films / Granada International aired on 14 february 2008. 46 minutes.
About Conan Doyle in this fiction:
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is played by Geraint Wyn Davies.
- He is merely a sidekick to Detective Murdoch.
- The episode takes place in 1895, and Conan Doyle didn't give lectures about spiritualism before 1917.
- In the conversations with Conan Doyle, there is some references to the death of Sherlock Holmes and his hypothetical return. The Conan Doyle's debut in medicine and his wish to embrace a writing career.
- He is called "Mr. Doyle" (rather than "Conan Doyle") throughout the whole episode.
- When Murdoch finds the missing bullet, Conan Doyle gives him a « Elementary, my dear Murdoch! »
- Inspector Brackenreid tells Conan Doyle a story about the "Hell Hound of the Highlands" (which should have inspired the author for The Hound of the Baskervilles).
Arthur Conan Doyle, who is in Toronto to make a speech on spiritualism, invites Detective Murdoch to a seance hosted by Miss Sarah Pensall where they are told of the location of a woman's body. Detective Murdoch, despite his disbelief in communication with the dead, goes with Conan Doyle to the location and finds the body of Miss Ida Winston, who has been murdered...
- Detective William Murdoch : Yannick Bisson
- Dr. Julia Ogden : Hélène Joy
- Inspector Thomas Brackenreid : Thomas Craig
- Constable George Crabtree : Jonny Harris
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle : Geraint Wyn Davies
- Sarah Pensall : Maria Del Mar
- Fredrick Waters : Dan Lett
- Conrad Hunt : Tom Barnett
- Lisgar Gall : Chris Ratz
- Hubert Winston : Alex Poch-Goldin
- Ida Winston : Kerry Ann Doherty
- Liza : Natalie Roy
- Director : Don McBrearty
- Screenplay : Jason Sherman, Cal Coons, Alexandra Zarowny, Maureen Jennings (novels)
- Producer : Jan Peter Meyboom
- Executive Producer : Cal Coons, Scott Garvie, Noel Hedges, Christina Jennings
- Co-Producer : Laura Harbin, Shane Kinnear, Julie Lacey
- Creative Producer : Derek Schreyer
- Original Music : Robert Carli
- Cinematography : David Perrault
- Film Editor : Tom Joerin
- Casting : Deirdre Bowen
- Production Design : Sandra Kybartas
- Art Director : Armando Sgrignuoli
- Set Decoration : Andrew Kawczynski
- Costume Design : Alexander Reda