Sherlock's Last Case (play 2017)
Sherlock's Last Case is an American 2-act play written by Charles Marowitz and directed by Brent Glenn, performed at the Sautee Nacoochee Cultural Center (Sautee, GA, USA) from 4 to 13 august 2017 (7 performances), starring Sam Steele as Sherlock Holmes and Joe Cash as Dr. Watson.
Picking up where the famous stories ended, the play centers on a death threat against Sherlock Holmes by the supposed son of his late nemesis, Professor Moriarty. Oddly enough, however, Holmes is warned of the plot by Moriarty's daughter, to whom Holmes (who turns out to be quite a ladies' man) is strongly attracted. The plot then twists and turns until Holmes finds himself imprisoned in a dank cellar, trapped not by young Moriarty but, to his shocked surprise, by the good Dr. Watson — who, it turns out, has long been bitterly resentful of his second-class status as Holmes' lackey. After Holmes' demise Watson comes into his own, or seems to, until a number of impostors turn up claiming to be the real Sherlock Holmes.
Sherlock Holmes (Sam Steele)
© Photos : Sam Steele.
- Sherlock Holmes : Sam Steele
- Dr. Watson : Joe Cash
- Inspector Lestrade : Jim Bradley
- Mrs. Hudson : Linda Erbele
- Liza / Damion Moriarty : Sara Roberts
- Director : Brent Glenn
- Playwright : Charles Marowitz
- Light and Sound : Brent Glenn
- Stage Manager : Catherine Brooks-Geiger
- Technical/Props Manager : Jesse Lumsden
- Set Designer : Josh Oberlander-Denny