The Absent-Minded Coterie
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S02E04 The Secret of the Magnifique||S02E06 The Sensible Action of Lieutenant Holst >>|
The Absent-Minded Coterie is the 5th episode in season 2 of the BBC TV series: The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Aired on 26 february 1973. 50 min.
Eugene Valmont is a fictional character created by Robert Barr in 1906.
- Charles Gray (Eugene Valmont) also played Mycroft Holmes in the movie The Seven-Per-Cent Solution in 1976, and again Mycroft Holmes 4 times in the Granada TV series Sherlock Holmes (The Greek Interpreter, The Bruce Partington Plans, The Golden Pince-Nez, The Mazarin Stone) .
Amateur detective Eugene Valmont begins by investigating a counterfeiting operation--and ends up uncovering an even more ingenious swindling scheme. But he may have met his match in one particular adversary.
- Eugene Valmont : Charles Gray
- Miss MacKail : Suzanne Nevet
- Inspector Hale : Barry Lineham
- Lord Semptam : George Howe
- Phelps : Jerold Wells
- Summertrees : Dennis Clinton
- Podgers : David Battley
- Carew : Stuart Sherwin
- Gauntlet : Roger Bizley
- Housekeeper : Ronnie Masterson
- Colonel : Derek Tansley
- Fred : Michael Goldie
- Jo : Thick Wilson
- Rogers : Anthony Allen
- Shop assistant : Stella Courtney
- Cabbie : George Moon
- Newsboy : Keith Dalton
- Director : Peter Duguid
- Screenplay : Alexander Baron
- Producers : Reginald Collin, Kim Mills
- Music : Robert Sharples