The Case of Oscar Slater (2 september 1912)
The Case of Oscar Slater
Sir, — Since the publication of my brochure on the Oscar Slater case ten days ago I have received numerous letters from correspondents all over the country urging me to use any influence I have in getting the authorities to reconsider the trial.
I trust, therefore, that by pointing out to the British public the possibility and probability of a miscarriage of justice having been perpetrated by the conviction of the man Slater for the murder of Miss Gilchrist I have awakened a more general interest in the case, and, if the British public agree with my views, it is for them to see that the case is reopened.
A. CONAN DOYLE
Windlesham, Crowborough, Sussex.
- The Case of Oscar Slater (19 august 1912, Hodder & Stoughton Ltd.)
- The Slater Case (12 october 1912, The Spectator)
- The Case of Oscar Slater (13 october 1912, The New York World)
- The Slater Case (26 october 1912, The Spectator)
- The Oscar Slater Case (25 july 1914, The Spectator)
- Oscar Slater Must Be Release From Peterhead! (7 february 1925, People's Journal)
- Oscar Slater. Release from Prison this Week. The Farce of 1914 (14 november 1927, Daily News)
- Oscar Slater's Fight to Clear his Name (15 july 1928, Sunday Pictorial)
- Oscar Slater. My Last Words on the Case. Unsolved Mysteries (29 july 1928, The Sunday Times)
- The Oscar Slater Case (17 september 1928, The Times)
- Oscar Slater's Costs (19 april 1929, Jewish Chronicle)