A Giant Gun, Filled with Drugs
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S01E14 The Deductionist||S01E16 Details >>|
A Giant Gun, Filled with Drugs is the 15th episode in season 1 of the American TV series Elementary aired on 7 february 2013 on CBS. 41 min. Audience : 10,98 millions.
4 references to the original stories :
- Holmes tells the case of the mongoose who afraid a man which occured him an heart attack. This recalls the death of colonel James Barclay in The Adventure of the Crooked Man.
- Holmes quotes The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle.
- Holmes quotes his monograph on the ashes of 140 different varieties of pipe, cigar, and cigarette tobacco (BOSC, 508).
- Reference to The Adventure of the Resident Patient.
Sherlock assists his old friend Rhys in the search for his adult daughter who was abducted from her townhouse by an unknown kidnapper. As Holmes begins searching for clues, Watson is astonished to learn that Rhys is more than just a former colleague of the detective he used to be Sherlock's drug dealer. As Sherlock struggles to avoid temptation, the case proves hard to crack. Links to a Dominican drug cartel and the missing girl's stepfather seem to lead nowhere. When Rhys begins to get desperate, he starts to wonder if Sherlock's deductive powers require drugs in order to work properly.
- Sherlock Holmes : Jonny Lee Miller
- Dr. Joan Watson : Lucy Liu
- Capitain Toby Gregson : Aidan Quinn
- Detective Marcus Bell : Jon Michael Hill
- Rhys Kinlan : John Hannah
- Xande Diaz : Michael Irby
- Derrick Hughes : Armand Schultz
- Emily Grant : Allie Gallerani
- Delivery Guy : Joey Auzenne
- Dominican Painter #1 : Herman Chavez
- Reynaldo : Mauricio Ovalle
- Director : Guy Ferland
- Screenplay : Robert Doherty, Corinne Brinkerhoff, Liz Friedman
- Producer : Geoffrey Hemwall, Jonathan Filley
- Music : Sean Callery