A Message from the Deep Sea
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|S01E02 The Missing Witness Sensation >>|
A Message from the Deep Sea is the 1st episode in season 1 of the BBC TV series: The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Aired on 20 september 1971. 50 min.
Dr. John Evelyn Thorndyke is a fictional character created by Richard Austin Freeman in 1907.
- Terence Rigby also played Dr. Watson in 1982 in TV mini-series The Hound of the Baskervilles with Tom Baker as Sherlock Holmes. He also played Inspector Layton in 1983 in TV movie The Sign of Four with Ian Richardson as Sherlock Holmes.
- Paul Darrow (Dr. Hart) also played Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Missing Link in 1992.
- Nicholas Smith (Solicitor) also played Hunkston in 1975 in the movie The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother, Charles Milverton in 1997 in the play The Return of Sherlock Holmes and Mr. Bull in 1967 in the TV movie The Beetle Hunter.
Dr. Thorndyke is asked by a former student to help on his first murder case. A prostitute is murdered and it seemed to be a woman has killed the lady. Dr. Thorndyke helps find the actual murderer with the evidence available.
- Dr. Thorndyke : John Neville
- Dr. Jervis : James Cossins
- Dr. Davidson : Bernard Archard
- Sergent Bates : Terence Rigby
- Mrs Goldstein : Eve Pearce
- Judge : Morris Percy
- Dr. Hart : Paul Darrow
- Solicitor : Nicholas Smith
- Superintendant Miller : Edward Dentith
- Sam Turner : Ray Lonner
- May O'Brien : Jean Marlowe
- Paul Petrofsky : Stanley Lebor
- Polton : Frank Mills
- Kate Wilfer : Valérie Bell
- Edith Johnson : Joanna Cooper
- Director : Jonathan Alwyn
- Screenplay : George Markstein
- Producers : Robert Love, Jonathan Alwyn
- Music : Robert Sharples