Det Hemmelige Dokument
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Det Hemmelige Dokument (The Secret Document) is a Danish silent movie released in march 1908, produced by Nordisk Film Co., starring Einar Zangenberg as Sherlock Holmes. 890 feet. Black & White.
The 3th sherlockian movie by the Nordisk Film Company of Denmark.
- Sherlock III
- Sherlock Holmes i Gaskjeldfren
- Sherlock Holmes in the Gas Cellar (UK) december 1908
- Sherlock Holmes III: The Detective's Adventures in the Gas Cellar (US) 3 and/or 10 march 1909
- The Theft of the State Document (USA) 28 april 1909
Survival status: presumed lost.
- Sherlock Holmes : Einar Zangenberg
- Lady : Julie Henriksen
- ? : August Blom (?)
- Director : Viggo Larsen
- Screenplay : Viggo Larsen
- Producer : Ole Olsen
- Cinematography : Axel Sørensen
- 1. The theft of the state document
- 2. A visit to the government office
- 3. The spy and his wife
- 4. A surprise at the office
- 5. Letter: To the Chief of Intelligence Department. Dear Sir, I am in possession of the state document no. 0534 which was stolen from your safe. If you will meet me alone tonight at 5 o'clock at the Canal Bridge I will hand the document over to you against payment of 5000 pounds.
- 6. Letter: To Chief of Government Department. Dear Sir, Kindly forward to me before 7 o'clock tonight the documents and oblige your truly. Colonel Clifford.
- 7. To Sherlock Holmes for help
- 8. The spy found out
- 9. Expect me at the gas chamber at 6 o'clock p.m.
- 10. The boy Billy gets instructions from his master
- 11. Plot against Sherlock Holmes
- 12. Overpowered
- 13. The bribed servant obtains the document
- 14. Rescue just in time
- 15. 6.45 o'clock and the document returned
- Titles credits : The Great Northern Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, by Bjarne Nielsen (Pinkerton, 1997)