Dramatic License (play 1983 with Patrick Horgan)
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Dramatic License is an American play written by Ken Ludwig and directed by Larry Carpenter, performed at The American Stage Festival (Milford, NH, USA), from 5 to 16 july 1983, starring Patrick Horgan as William Gillette / Sherlock Holmes.
Acclaimed actor of the 1930s, William Gillette, invites his Sherlock Holmes co-stars to his eccentric Connecticut mansion for a Christmas Eve celebration. When one of the guests is murdered, Gillette employs the persona of the master detective he's made famous on the stage...
The play was renamed as The Game's Afoot, or Holmes for the Holidays in 2011, and published by Samuel French Ltd. in 2012.
- William Gillette / Sherlock Holmes : Patrick Horgan
- Macready : Ross Patterson
- Bobby Carlyle : Richard Backus
- May Dison : Kristin Griffith
- Lilly Warner : Helen Lloyd Breed
- Marion Barrett : Alice White
- Leo Barrett : George Ede
- Louise Parradine : Carol Mayo Jenkins
- Director : Larry Carpenter
- Playwright : Ken Ludwig
- Scenery : John Falabella
- Costumes : David Murin
- Lighting : John Gisondi
- Sound : Phillip Campanella
- Stage Manager : Thomas L. Clewell