From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Evgeny Aleksandrovich Alasheyevsky, born Kryzhin (Евгеній Александровичъ Алашеевский, born Крыжин) was a Russian stage actor who played Sherlock Holmes in 3 different plays in 1907 in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
In 1907, his career was 18 years-long. He played in almost all major cities of Russia. He was an entrepreneur himself and director of some entreprises. He participated in trips with Ivanov-Kozelski, E. N. Gorevoy, Samoilov-Michurin and played best roles like Grozny, Neschastlivtsev, Arbenin, etc. In 1907, in the opinion of all the newspapers, he had a huge success playing Sherlock Holmes in "Eden" Theatre. 
- 1907 : Актриса и Шерлокъ Хольмсъ (as Sherlock Holmes)
- 1907 : Месть Маріани (as Sherlock Holmes)
- 1907 : Шерлокъ Хольмсъ (as Sherlock Holmes)
- "Обозрение Tеатров" (Review of Theatres, 31 july 1907, p. 9)
- Acknowledgement: Alexander Orlov.