Fires of Fate (movie 1923)
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Fires of Fate is a British silent movie, produced by Gaumont British Picture Corporation, adapted by Alice Ramsey from Lewis Waller's play The Fires of Fate, directed by Tom Terriss, released on 27 July 1923 (UK), starring Nigel Barrie as Col. Egerton. ? reels.
The movie was filmed with American actors in Cairo, Egypt, and in Lybian Desert.
In USA, the movie was titled "The Desert Sheik" (1924).
- Col. Egerton : Nigel Barrie
- Dorinne Adams : Wanda Hawley
- Prince Ibrahim : Pedro de Cordoba
- Rev. Samuel Rodin : Stewart Rome
- Miss Adams : Edith Craig
- Stephen Belmont : Percy Standing
- Sir Charles Rodin : Arthur M. Cullin
- Mansoor : Douglas Munro
- Lord Howard Cecil : Cyril Smith