Flim Flam: Houdini and the Hereafter
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Flim Flam: Houdini and the Hereafter is an American play written by Gene Franklin Smith and directed by Thomas James O'Leary, performed from 20 june to 3 august 2014 (previews on 18 and 19 june), at the Malibu Playhouse (Malibu, California, USA), starring Peter Van Norden as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Rick D. Wasserman as Harry Houdini.
In the summer of 1922, Harry Houdini and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle team to investigate psychic mediums for the Scientific American committee. Their friendship is challenged when Conan Doyle champions a beautiful and seductive psychic as authentic. Houdini is determined to prove that she is a phony, until she appears to make contact with Houdini’s beloved dead mother, and he must confront his own beliefs about life-after-death.
© Brian McCarthy Photo Studio.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle : Peter Van Norden
- Lady Doyle : Gigi Bermignham
- Houdini : Rick D. Wasserman
- Bess Houdini : Melissa Kite
- Mina Crandon aka. "Margery" : Sabra Malkinson
- Dr. Leroi Crandon : Cameron Mitchell Jr.
- Director : Thomas James O'Leary
- Playwright : Gene Franklin Smith
- Producer : Julia Holland, Andi Howard
- Scenic Design : Erin Whalley
- Lightning Design : Leigh Allen
- Costume Design : Claire Livingston
- Sound Design : Greg Chun
- Magic Coordinator : Jim Bentley
- Music Director : Beverly Craveiro
- Stage Management : Cheryl Valice