In Search of Sherlock Holmes (documentary 1978)
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
In Search of... Sherlock Holmes is an American documentary produced and directed by J. Francis Hitching, aired on KNBC-TV (Los Angeles) on 21 december 1978, starring Leonard Nimoy as the presenter. 22 minutes.
The documentary hosted by Leonard Nimoy intended to explain who was Sherlock Holmes, concluding that it was Arthur Conan Doyle himself of course. With comments from crime writers (Peter Lovesey, H. R. F. Keating), and sherlockians experts of the time (Stanley MacKenzie, Philip Dalton).
Leonard Nimoy (host)
- Host : Leonard Nimoy
- Dr. Bell : ?
- Alfred H. Wood : ?
- Arthur Conan Doyle : ?
- George Edalji : ?
- Peter Lovesey, Crime Writer
- Stanley MacKenzie, Sherlockian
- Philip Dalton, of the Sherlock Holmes Society of London
- H. R. F. Keating, Crime Writer
- Employee of Assurance company (Abbey House)
- Screenplay : J. Francis Hitching
- Producer : J. Francis Hitching
- Series Producer : William Kronick
- Executive Producer : Alan Landsburg
- Editors : Graham Whitlock, Sjarron Miller
- Assistant Editors : Mike Jones, Greg Goldman
- Photography : Pete Warrilow
- Sound : Chris Moore
- Series Associate Producer : Cheryl Quarantiello
- Editorial Supervisor : Jeffrey Weston
- Production Supervisor : Kay Hoffman
- Music : Laurin M. Rinder, W. Michael Lewis
- Post Production Supervisor : Christina Friedgen
- Production Control : Bob Ames
- Assistant Executive Producer : Marilyn Lassen
- Director of Research : David M. Frank
- Post Production Coordinators : Tony Pinker, Andrea Larson
- Post Production Assistant : Vicky Riley
- Mr. Nimoy's Wardrobe : Sandi
- Continuity : Trish Crichton
- Post Production Services : Neiman-Tillar Associates
- Titles and Opticals : Westheimer Co.
- Rerecording : CFI
- Title Design : Walt Monska
- Thanks to : Leo Gutman, Bean M. Wright
- Production : Howard Lipstone