Lady Doyle. Plans for Weekly Seance
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
PLANS FOR WEEKLY SEANCE.
Lady (Conan) Doyle said to a Daily Mail reporter last night that since Sir Arthur had "passed over" both she and other members of the family had had many evidences of his nearness to them in the home. She continued:
- The incidents are much too dear and too personal to discuss, but we have compared notes and experiences and I know that my dear husband has been near to us all the while.
- If I were not absolutely certain that he had merely passed over to a better and happier world, and that he is helping us to carry on the work which he left behind, I should die of a broken heart.
- Had I not known that he was present with us at the wonderful meeting at the Albert Hall, I could not have sat there for three hours facing those thousands of people.
- We shall have a weekly séance regularly in the home and I feel certain that when he has a message to send to us my husband will communicate with us.
- I myself have mediumistic powers, and I hope to learn to develop the powers of clairvoyance and clairaudience so that one day I may not only see my dear husband's form again but hear him speak.