Many Happy Returns
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S02E03 The Reichenbach Fall||S03E01 The Empty Hearse >>|
Many Happy Returns is a mini-episode (7 min. 13 sec.) introducing season 3 of the Sherlock TV series, aired on 24 december 2013 on BBC1.
Anderson reveals to inspector Lestrade the signs of the return of Sherlock Holmes after a two years hiatus. There is several clues : a woman arrested in a Tibetan temple, a solved crime in à New Delhi, Trepoff arrested in Hamburg... According to Anderson, Holmes is getting closer to London. Curious, Lestrade visits Watson and gives him him some stuff belonging to Sherlock left at Scotland yard. Watson discovers a video of his friend where he announces his return... very soon.
- Sherlock Holmes : Benedict Cumberbatch
- Dr. John Watson : Martin Freeman
- DI Lestrade : Rupert Graves
- Anderson : Jonathan Aris
- Blond woman in temple : Laura Dale
- Inspector Pokash : Shiraz Yasin
- Indian Policeman : James Pimenta
- Small thief : George Appleby
- Reporter : Jason Thomas Brown