My Dear Watson (musical 2016)
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
My Dear Watson, A Sherlock Holmes Musical is an American musical play written by Jami-Leigh Bartschi and directed by John DiDonna and Chris Prueitt, performed from 3 to 7 march 2016 (Mandell Theater, Lowndes Shakespeare Center, Orlando, USA), starring John DiDonna as Sherlock Holmes and Kyle Stone as Dr. Watson. 1h40.
The musical was conceived by Jami-Leigh Bartschi in 2014 while pursuing her Master's Degree in Liberal Studies at Rollins College, which required the development of a thesis project. Bartschi's idea was to create and develop a full-length musical production based on the Sherlock Holmes stories, which were among her favorite literary works of all time. You can read Mrs. Bartschi's research paper here.
It combines quotes, characters, and plot elements of several original Conan Doyle stories, including A Study in Scarlet, The Valley of Fear, The Adventure of the Three Garridebs and The Adventure of the Final Problem.
- Sherlock Holmes : John DiDonna
- Dr. John Watson : Kyle Stone
- Professor Moriarty : Kevin Sigman
- Inspector Lestrade : Justin Mousseau
- Mrs. Hudson : Liz Murray Curtis
- Cecil Barker : Chris Markcity
- Mrs. Douglas : Chelsey Panisch
- Mr. Douglas : Kyle Wait
- Director : John DiDonna, Chris Prueitt
- Playwright : Jami-Leigh Bartschi
- Assistant Director : Jaz Zepatos
- Musical Director : Jami-Leigh Bartschi
- Stage Manager : Meghan Pelfrey
- Projections : Dana Mott
- Business Manager : Mark Bartschi
- Piano : Pati Sayers
- Violin : Eri Park
- Poster Design : Adam McCabe
- Soundtrack Recording & Mixing : Leslie Jones, Evan Jones
- Costumer : Coleen Carlson
Photo credit : © Chris Bridges.