My Dear Watson (musical 2017)
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
My Dear Watson, A Sherlock Holmes Musical is an American musical play written by Jami-Leigh Bartschi and directed by John DiDonna and Chris Prueitt, performed from 11 to 16 july 2017 (Playwrights Horizons, New York, USA), starring John DiDonna as Sherlock Holmes and Kyle Stone as Dr. Watson. 1h40.
The musical was conceived by Jami-Leigh Bartschi in 2014 while pursuing her Master's Degree in Liberal Studies at Rollins College, which required the development of a thesis project. Bartschi's idea was to create and develop a full-length musical production based on the Sherlock Holmes stories, which were among her favorite literary works of all time. You can read Mrs. Bartschi's research paper here.
It combines quotes, characters, and plot elements of several original Conan Doyle stories, including A Study in Scarlet, The Valley of Fear, The Adventure of the Three Garridebs and The Adventure of the Final Problem.
See the list of all adaptations of this play.
- Sherlock Holmes : John DiDonna
- Dr. John Watson : Kyle Stone
- Professor Moriarty : Jason Blackwater
- Inspector Lestrade : Justin Mousseau
- Mrs. Hudson : Liz Murray Curtis
- Cecil Barker : Jackson McLaskey
- Mrs. Douglas : Jaz Zepatos
- Director : John DiDonna, Chris Prueitt
- Playwright : Jami-Leigh Bartschi
- Music : Jami-Leigh Bartschi
- Lyrics : Jami-Leigh Bartschi
- Assistant Director : Jaz Zepatos
- Pianist : Pati Sayers
- Violonist : Eri Park
Photo credit : © Chris Bridges.