My Dear Watson (musical 2018)
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
My Dear Watson: A Sherlock Holmes Musical is an American play, written by Jami-Leigh Bartschi and directed by John DiDonna, performed by Valencia State College Production at the East Campus Black Box Theater of the Valencia State College (Orlando, FL, USA) from 8 to 17 june 2018 (7 performances), starring Malcolm Boniface as Sherlock Holmes and Kyle Meehan as Dr. Watson.
The musical was conceived by Jami-Leigh Bartschi in 2014 while pursuing her Master's Degree in Liberal Studies at Rollins College, which required the development of a thesis project. Bartschi's idea was to create and develop a full-length musical production based on the Sherlock Holmes stories, which were among her favorite literary works of all time. You can read Mrs. Bartschi's research paper here.
It combines quotes, characters, and plot elements of several original Conan Doyle stories, including A Study in Scarlet, The Valley of Fear, The Adventure of the Three Garridebs and The Adventure of the Final Problem.
See the list of all adaptations of this play.
© Photos : Kevin Abel.
- Sherlock Holmes : Malcolm Boniface
- Dr. Watson : Kyle Meehan
- Professor Moriarty : Chase Curtis
- Inspector Lestrade : Brian Wardeh
- Mrs. Hudson : Liz Curtis
- Cecil Barker : Alexis Collazo
- Ivy Douglas : Brittany Smith
- Jack Douglas : Gabriel Garcia
- Ensemble : Melanie Vanderford, Eric Bigham
- Director : John DiDonna
- Playwright : Jami-Leigh Bartschi
- Set Design : John DiDonna
- Lighting Design : Kristin Abel
- Costume Design : Constance Blackmon Lee
- Projection Design : Dana Mott
- Sound Design : David Ross Rauschkolb
- Properties Design : Patricia Weber
- Stage Combat Director : Bill Warriner
- Stage Manager : Jenny LeVasseur
- Dialect Coach : Jason Blackwater
- ASL Interpreters : Dresden Lamar, Demar Corbell
- Musical Director / Piano : Pati Sayers
- Violin : Katherine Zeng
- Cello : Lisa Coyne