Sherlock Holmes and the Adventure of the Fallen Soufflé
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Sherlock Holmes and the Adventure of the Fallen Soufflé is an American play, written by David MacGregor and directed by Michelle Mountain, performed at The Purple Rose Theatre Company (Chelsea, MI, USA) from 19 september to 21 december 2019, starring Mark Colson as Sherlock Holmes and Paul Stroili as Dr. Watson.
London. June, 1897. It's the day before Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee and her son, the playboy Prince of Wales, arrives at 221B Baker Street pursued by anarchist assassins. Coincidentally, the greatest chef in the world, Auguste Escoffier, also arrives at 221B, his career about to be shattered by blackmail and scandal. Can Holmes, Watson, and Irene Adler save the life of the heir to the British crown and the reputation of the master chef? And can they unmask the criminal genius behind both of these sinister conspiracies? This action-filled tale of royal debauchery, priceless gems, and gourmet food will provide Dr. Watson with the material for Sherlock Holmes' most bizarre and tastiest case.
This is the sequel to David MacGregor's play Sherlock Holmes and the Adventure of the Elusive Ear (2018).
© Photos : Sean Carter.
- Sherlock Holmes : Mark Colson
- Dr. Watson : Paul Stroili
- Irene Adler : Sarab Kamoo
- Marie Chartier : Caitlin Cavannaugh
- Auguste Escoffier : Tom Whalen
- Albert Edward (Bertie) : David Bendena
- Director : Michelle Mountain
- Playwright : David MacGregor
- Set Designer : Bart Bauer
- Light Designer : Dana White
- Sound Designer : Brad Phillips
- Costume Designer : Suzanne Young
- Properties Designer : Danna Segrest
- Stage Manager : Devin Faught
- Assistant Stage Manager : Thomas Macias