Sherlock Holmes and the Speckled Band (play 2018)
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Sherlock Holmes and the Speckled Band is an Australian play, written by Max Gee and directed by Tom Massey, performed at the Genesian Theatre (Sydney, Australia) from 7 april to 12 may 2018 (preview on 6 april), starring Chris Butel as Sherlock Holmes and Kieran Gilkes as Dr. Watson. 1h45 (20 min interval).
Julia Stoner tragically dies under mysterious circumstances on the eve of her wedding. A low whistle, a heavy metallic clang. No reason for her death is ever discovered. Her twin sister, Helen, is distraught but life must go on and her own wedding is approaching. And then late at night, she hears a low whistle in the dark... This adaptation remains faithful to the original spine tingling short story from Conan Doyle, despite the presence of Charles Augustus Milverton.
Dr Grimesby Roylott
Charles A. Milverton
© Photos : Craig O'Regan.
- Sherlock Holmes : Chris Butel
- Dr. Watson : Kieran Gilkes
- Helen Stoner : Danica Burch
- Julia Stoner : Dominique Purdue
- Dr Grimesby Roylott : Marty O'Neill
- Charles Augustus Milverton : Nathan Steel
- Gypsies : uncredited
- Director : Tom Massey
- Playwright : Max Gee
- Associate Director : Roger Gimblett
- Set Design : Owen Gimblett
- Costume Design : Susan Carveth
- Lighting & Sound Design : Michael Schell
- Lighting & Sound Operation : Amy Roberts
- Stage Manager : Alexis Worthing