Sherlock Holmes i Bondefangerkløer
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Sherlock Holmes i Bondefangerkløer (Sherlock Holmes in Conman Claws) is a Danish silent movie released on 10 december 1910, produced by Nordisk Film Co., starring Otto Lagoni as Sherlock Holmes. 266 meters. Black & White.
- Den Stjaalne Tegnbog (The Stolen Wallet)
- A Confidence Trick (USA) 8 april 1911
Survival status: Exists in Denmark.
12 minutes Excerpt
- Sherlock Holmes : Otto Lagoni
- Bill Barrett : ?
- Other actors: Axel Boelsen, Rigmor Jerichau, Victor Fabian, Ellen Kornbech (?), Ella La Cour (?), Aage Lorentzen (?)
- Director : Holger Madsen (?)
- Producer : Ole Olsen
Otto Lagoni as Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes (Otto Lagoni) at the window, Axel Boesen on the left with white hat
- 1. Choosing the victim
- 2. Sherlock Holmes is informed
- 3. The broken window
- 4. Arrested
- The Moving Picture World, 22 april 1911, p. 1389
A Confidence Trick (Great Britain) - This detective story will please any audience. Some of the complications in it are more than ordinarily interesting and will keep the people guessing until the denouement. The photography is clear and the acting is excellent. There are a number of thrills introduced which help in maintaining the interesting features at a high standard.
- Titles credits : The Great Northern Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, by Bjarne Nielsen (Pinkerton, 1997)