Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper (video game)
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper is a video game released on 30 april 2009 on PC, and on 19 november 2009 on XBOX 360. Developped by Frogwares and edited by Focus. 5th Sherlock Holmes adventure video game from Frogwares.
1888, London, district of Whitechapel.
A series of particularly horrible murders takes place in this district of the East End of London where atrociously mutilated prostitutes' bodies are found. The police are unable to find a serious lead and the murders increase creating a real psychosis.
Sherlock Holmes starts looking for clues in the dark and sinister alleys of Whitechapel in order to follow the macabre trail of the one the press now calls Jack the Ripper.
During a frightening adventure, Sherlock Holmes will try to bring out the true identity and the motives of the one who hides behind this scary alias.
- Solve one of the greatest mysteries in the history of England and discover who Jack the Ripper is!
- 2 mythic characters of 19th century England engage in a horrifying manhunt: the illustrious Sherlock Holmes and the terrifying Jack the Ripper.
- Discover the hidden side of London and the sinister streets of Whitechapel, all faithfully recreated (e.g. public work house, hospitals, brothels, etc).
- Switch between playing the role of the famous detective Sherlock Holmes or his trusted friend Doctor Watson.
- Interact with more than 30 authentic characters that help you complete your investigation.
- Use and combine more that 100 objects and collect hundreds of clues so you can finally uncover the real identity and motives of the perverted Jack the Ripper.
- 2 points-of-view available at all times: gameplay in third-person or classic first-person point-of-view, a favorite for the enthusiasts of the series.
- A progressive help system puts you back on track whenever you need assistance.