Spontaneous Sherlock (play 2015-2018)
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Spontaneous Sherlock is a British improvised play, performed by The Spontaneous Players at the Canons' Gait Pub (Edinburgh, UK) in February 2015 and since toured across the UK, starring Sam Irving and Will Naameh, both as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes or Dr. Watson.
Spontaneous Sherlock is an entirely improvised Sherlock Holmes comedy play, based on an audience suggestion of a title. Performed in two halves by three comedy improvisers, with live Victorian musical accompaniment.
© Photos : The Spontaneous Players.
The company changes the role every show, as it is entirely improvised. So the cast of performers that have played Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson, Mrs. Hudson, Professor Moriarty and Inspector Lestrade (amongst others, variously) have been:
- Will Naameh (2015-present)
- Sam Irving (2015-present)
- Nicola Dove (2015-2016)
- Paul Connolly (2016-present)
- Mara Joy (2018-present)
- Other actor : Eric Geistfeld
- Piano : Colin Bramwell, Jenny Laahs
- Piano/Violin : Nick Lauener
- Cello : Graham Coe
- Others : Angus Munroe, Michael Allen, Sam Thorne
- February : Canons' Gait Pub (Edinburgh, UK)
- 8 august : Edinburgh Fringe Festival (Edinburgh, UK)
- 28 august : Edinburgh Fringe Festival (Edinburgh, UK)
- 12 august : Edinburgh Fringe Festival (Edinburgh, UK)
- 11 & 25 jan ; 8 & 22 feb ; 8 & 22 march ; 5 & 19 apr ; 3, 17 & 31 may ; 14 & 28 june ; 12 & 26 july ; ... : Monkey Barrel Comedy (Edinburgh, UK)