The Accidental Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (play 2017)
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
The Accidental Adventures of Sherlock Holmes is a British play, performed in 2017 in 6 different locations (Swindon, Bristol, Brighton, Bath, Reading and Edinburgh) by the Tobacco Tea Theatre company, starring Jasmine Atkins-Smart as Sherlock Holmes and Ellis J. Wells as Dr. Watson.
Holmes and Watson are at their wit's end after a month without any new cases for Holmes to solve. Holmes is bored and therefore dangerous, while Watson is fretting about not being able to pay his rent, as he cannot write any new Holmes stories for the Strand Magazine. An interesting client finally appears, but Holmes unknowingly murders his own client by accident. The game is on to track down the criminal mastermind who did it – Holmes himself. Dr Watson seems to have engineered this entire case in order to have material for a new Holmes story and pay his half of the rent at 221B Baker Street for months to come. However, events start going not according to plan and Watson's narrative gets away from him in the form of a global terrorist plot of massive proportions. The nefarious Professor Moriarty turns out to be making Watson's planned Holmes story more interesting by trying to start a world war. But Holmes is not really unaware of the true nature of the case he's being made to solve for literary purposes – he has in fact planned this case from beginning to end to take down Moriarty's vast criminal network.
© Photos : James Watts.
- Sherlock Holmes / Sidney Strewthmate : Jasmine Atkins-Smart
- John Watson / Mrs. Hudson : Ellis J. Wells
- Moriarty / Lestrade : Joshua Phillips
- 8 april 2017 : Comedy Theatre (Swindon Fringe, UK)
- 10-15 april 2017 : Alma Tavern Theatre (Bristol, UK)
- 1-4 june 2017 : The Warren Studio 2 (Brighton Fringe, UK)
- 10-11 june 2017 : Burdall's Yard (Bath Fringe, UK)
- 23 july 2017 : PentaHotel (Reading Fringe, UK)
- 2-28 august 2017 : C Venues 34 (Edinburgh Fringe, UK)