The Affair of the Tortoise
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S01E09 The Woman in the Big Hat||S01E11 The Assyrian Rejuvenator >>|
The Affair of the Tortoise is the 10th episode in season 1 of the BBC TV series: The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Aired on 22 november 1971. 50 min.
Martin Hewitt is a fictional character created by Arthur Morrison in 1894.
- Peter Barkworth (Martin Hewitt) also played colonel Ross in the episode Silver Blaze of the TV series Sherlock Holmes in 1988.
- Stefan Kalipha (Rameau) also played Wali Dad in the TV movie The Crucifer of Blood in 1991 with Charlton Heston as Sherlock Holmes, and he played The Munshi in episode A Singular Thorn in TV series Young Sherlock: The Mystery of the Manor House with Guy Henry in 1982.
- Timothy Bateson (Goujon) also played Mr. Bunn in episode The Lift in TV series Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in 1967.
- Hamilton Dyce (Styles) also played Lumsden in episode The Willow House School in TV series Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in 1967.
- Colin Rix (Yorky) also played Warder in episode Redhanded in TV series Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in 1967.
To solve the murder a rich but ill-mannered government official from Haiti, PI Martin Hewitt has several pieces of evidence to consider: a dead tortoise, a voodoo doll, a bloodstained axe, and a note from "an avenger." The one thing he doesn't have is a body.
- Martin Hewitt : Peter Barkworth
- Miss Chapman : Cyd Hayman
- Captain Cutler : Esmond Knight
- Inspector Nettings : Dan Meaden
- Rameau : Stefan Kalipha
- Goujon : Timothy Bateson
- Styles : Hamilton Dyce
- Millie : Cheryl Hall
- Perroquet : Robert Hartley
- Yorky : Colin Rix
- Policeman : John Levene
- Vera : Andrea Lawrence
- Director : Bill Bain
- Screenplay : Bill Craig
- Producers : Robert Love, Lloyd Shirley
- Music : Robert Sharples