The Assyrian Rejuvenator
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S01E10 The Affair of the Tortoise||S01E12 The Ripening Rubies >>|
The Assyrian Rejuvenator is the 11th episode in season 1 of the BBC TV series: The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Aired on 29 november 1971. 50 min.
Romney Pringle is a fictional character created by R. Austin Freeman (aka Clifford Ashdown) in 1902.
- Alethea Charlton (Doris Pratt) also played Mrs. Rucastle in episode The Copper Beeches in TV series Sherlock Holmes with Douglas Wilmer in 1965.
- Victor Platt (Sergeant Hawkins) also played Perkins in episode The Reigate Squires in TV series Sherlock Holmes with Alan Wheatley in 1951.
Inflated claims about the powers of an expensive elixir put private investigator Romney Pringle in pursuit of a ruthless con man. The trckster has reason to believe that his customers won't complain, but Pingle sets out to destroy the crooked business.
- Romney Pringle : Donald Sinden
- Colonel Sandstream : Michael Bates
- Suzie Sheperd : Jo Rowbottom
- Henry Jacobs : Derek Smith
- Doris Pratt : Alethea Charlton
- Sergeant Hawkins : Victor Platt
- Mr. Roberts : Frank Williams
- Photographer : John Evitts
- Stage doorkeeper : Leslie Bryant
- Dresser : Betty Cardno
- Director : Jonathan Alwyn
- Screenplay : Julian Bond
- Producers : Robert Love, Lloyd Shirley
- Music : Robert Sharples