The Case of the Mirror of Portugal
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S01E05 The Horse of the Invisible||S01E07 Madame Sara >>|
The Case of the Mirror of Portugal is the 6th episode in season 1 of the BBC TV series: The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Aired on 25 october 1971. 50 min.
Horace Dorrington is a fictionnal character created by Arthur Morrison in 1897.
- Peter Vaughan (Horace Dorrington) also played John Turner in episode The Boscombe Valley Mystery in TV series Sherlock Holmes in 1991.
- Jeremy Irons (Nephew George) also played Sherlock Holmes in the sketch Sherlock Holmes Surprise Party in 1991.
When a priceless gem comes within grasp, detective Horace Dorrington cuts more than a few corners to get his hands on it. But he battles a surprisingly worthy adversary from an unexpected quarter, one as ruthless and determined as himself.
- Horace Dorrington : Peter Vaughan
- Farrish : Kenneth Colley
- Miss Parrot : Petronella Barker
- Hamer : Paul Eddington
- Maria Hamer : Ingrid Hafner
- Léon Bouvier : Oscar Quitak
- Jacques Bouvier : Michael Forrest
- Madame Bouvier : Nancy Nevinson
- Solomons : Arnold Diamond
- Inspector Brent : Lloyd Lamble
- Harkness : Michael Nightingale
- Nephew George : Jeremy Irons
- Young Man : Jeremy Mason
- Boy : Michael Burroughs
- Maid : Alison Hughes
- Director : Mike Vardy
- Screenplay : Julian Bond
- Producers : Robert Love, Lloyd Shirley
- Music : Robert Sharples
Nephew George (Jeremy Irons on the left)