The Case of the Thistle Killer
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S01E17 The Case of the Laughing Mummy||S01E19 The Case of the Vanished Detective >>|
The Case of the Thistle Killer is the 18th episode of the 1954-1955 TV series Sherlock Holmes starring Ronald Howard as Sherlock Holmes and Howard Marion-Crawford as Dr. Watson. Aired on 14 february 1955 on MPTV (USA). Black & White. 27 min.
Indirect use of the famous Holmes quote « When you eliminate the impossible, what remains must be the truth. »
- How did you guess Holmes?
- Well Lestrade, it was the only answer! The only answer.
Dr. John Watson
Herbert and Maggie Brown
- Sherlock Holmes : Ronald Howard
- Dr. John Watson : Howard Marion-Crawford
- Inspector Lestrade : Archie Duncan
- Sgt. Wilkins : Kenneth Richards
- John Phoenix : Richard Watson
- Superintendant : William Smith
- Herbert Brown : Rowland Bartrop
- Maggie Brown
- Miss Coley
- News Vendor
- Last Victim
- Director : Steve Previn
- Producers : Sheldon Reynolds et Nicole Milinaire
- Screenplay : Charles Early, Joseph Early
- Cinematography : Raymond Clunie
- Production Manager : Sacha Kamenka
- Film Editor : George Gale
- Music : Paul Durand
- Set Designer : Raymond Druart
- Sound Equipment : Poste Parisien
- Engineer : Tony Leenhardt
Lestrade is instructed to recruit Holmes to help find the Thistle Killer after the sixth murder. The police make preparations to catch the killer at Xerxes Park, where Holmes finds him to be a fake policeman.
- France : L'Assassin aux chardons
- Germany : Der Fall des Distel-Killers