The Horse of the Invisible
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S01E04 The Duchess of Wiltshire's Diamonds||S01E06 The Case of the Mirror of Portugal >>|
The Horse of the Invisible is the 5th episode in season 1 of the BBC TV series: The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Aired on 18 october 1971. 50 min.
Thomas Carnacki is a fictional character created by William Hope Hodgson in 1910.
- Geoffrey Whitehead (Harry Parsket) also played Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson in 1979-1980.
- Tony Steedman (Capitaine Hisgins) also played Lord Farningham in 1965 in episode Charles Augustus Milverton of the TV series Sherlock Holmes with Douglas Wilmer as Sherlock Holmes. He also played the doctor in 1987 in TV movie The Return of Sherlock Holmes with Michael Pennington as Sherlock Holmes.
A ghost detective named Carnacki investigates the haunting of a country house that threatens the wedding of the homeowner's daughter and her fiance. Carnacki does not suspect supernatural forces are at work in this case, but even a ghostbuster can be wrong.
- Carnacki : Donald Pleasance
- Capitaine Hisgins : Tony Steedman
- Harry Parsket : Geoffrey Whitehead
- Mary Hisgins : Michele Dotrice
- Charles Beaumont : Michael Johnson
- Miss Hisgins : Aimée Delamain
- March : Arthur White
- Director : Alan Cooke
- Screenplay : Philip Mackie
- Producers : Robert Love, Lloyd Shirley
- Music : Robert Sharples