The Man Who Was Sherlock Holmes (radio 1963)
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
The Man Who Was Sherlock Holmes is a British radio play produced by BBC, written by Michael and Mollie Hardwick, first aired on 19 december 1963 on BBC Home Service Basic (now BBC Radio 4), starring Marius Goring as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Alan Wheatley as Sherlock Holmes. 28 min.
An investigation into the relationship between the famous detective and his creator.
The Man Who Was Sherlock Holmes
- Narrator : Richard Hurndall
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle : Marius Goring
- Sherlock Holmes : Alan Wheatley
- Dr. Watson : James McKechnie
- Other parts by Shirley Cooklin, Olga Lindo, Moira Mannion, Peter Bartlett, John Broster, Humphrey Morton, Lewis Stringer, Cyril Luckham and Godfrey Kenton.
- Writer : Michael and Mollie Hardwick
- Producer : Joe Burroughs