The Manor House Case
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
In the Sherlock Holmes stories
- Mycroft Holmes told Sherlock Holmes that he should look at the Manor House case, but Holmes answered he already solved it and Adams was guilty. (GREE, 65)
- 'By the way, Sherlock, I expected to see you round last week to consult me over that Manor House case. I thought you might be a little out of your depth.'
- 'No, I solved it,' said my friend, smiling.
- 'It was Adams, of course?'
- 'Yes, it was Adams.'
- 'I was sure of it from the first.'
- — Mycroft & Holmes