The Missing Witness Sensation
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S01E01 A Message from the Deep Sea||S01E03 The Affair of the Avalanche Bicycle & Tyre Co. >>|
The Missing Witness Sensation is the 2nd episode in season 1 of the BBC TV series: The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Aired on 27 september 1971. 50 min.
Max Carrados is a fictional character created by Ernest Bramah in 1914.
- Robert Stephens (Max Carrados) also played Sherlock Holmes in The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes in 1970.
After amateur detective Max Carrados ruins the alibi of an Irish militant accused of murder, the man's colleagues plot their revenge. To save his life, a trapped Carrados must find a way to get a message to the outside world-one that even a blind man could understand.
- Max Carrados : Robert Stephens
- Inspector Beedle : George A. Cooper
- Thaxted : John Wentworth
- The Captain : Patrick O'Connell
- Murphy : Patrick Mac Aliney
- Parkinson : Leslie French
- Gretorex : Michael Elwyn
- Stringer : Christopher Cazenove
- Arabella : Susan Tebbs
- Prosecutor : John Bryans
- Lawyer : Anthony Dawes
- Water company inspector : Neil Wilson
- Water company inspector : Gregory Phillips
- Judge : Hugh Morton
- The magistrate : Maurice Quick
- Commissioner of Oaths : Robert Webber
- Driver : Richard Mac Neff
- Huntley : Jon Croft
- Officer at Court : John Quarmby
- Newsboy : Gordon Russell
- Director : Jonathan Alwyn
- Screenplay : George Markstein
- Producers : Robert Love, Jonathan Alwyn
- Music : Robert Sharples