The Mysterious Death on the Underground Railway
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S01E13 The Case of Laker, Absconded||S02E02 Five Hundred Carats >>|
The Mysterious Death on the Underground Railway is the 1st episode in season 2 of the BBC TV series: The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Aired on 29 january 1973. 50 min.
Polly Burton if a fictional character created by baroness Orczy.
- Anthony Corlan (William Hazeldene) is in fact the first scene pseudonym of Anthony Higgins who played Moriarty in Young Sherlock Holmes in 1985 and Sherlock Holmes on TV in Sherlock Holmes Returns in 1993.
When a young woman is poisoned on a London subway train, the police searching for her killer appear to be on the wrong track. Bright young reporter Polly Burton decides to unmask the murderer herself--putting her own safety on the line in the process.
- Polly Burton : Judy Geeson
- Sir Arthur Inglewood : John Savident
- Richard Frobisher : Richard Beckinsale
- William Hazeldene : Anthony Higgins (as Anthony Corlan)
- Laura Stanley : Cyd Hayman
- General Attorney : Frank Wylie
- Prosecutor : James Cairncross
- Beatrice Hazeldene : Lois Baxter
- Andrew Campbell : Simon Lack
- Constable Thornton : Dennis Blanch
- Dr. Jones : Michael Sheard
- Porter : George Tovey
- Solicitor : Christopher Timothy
- Station Master : Michael Rose
- Judge : Julian Dalbie
- Frank Errington : Tom Mac Carthy
- Court Clerk : Sydney Johnson
- Mortuary superintendent : Reg Lye
- Director : Graham Evans
- Screenplay : Alan Cooke
- Producers : Reginald Collin, Kim Mills
- Music : Robert Sharples