The Mystery of the Amber Beads
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S02E12 The Looting of the Specie Room|
The Mystery of the Amber Beads is the 13th episode in season 2 of the BBC TV series: The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Aired on 23 april 1973. 50 min.
Hagar is a fictional character created by Fergus Hume in 1898.
- Joss Ackland (Grubber) also played Jephro Rucastle in the episode The Copper Beeches of the TV series Sherlock Holmes in 1985.
- Jonathan Adams also played Jonas Oldacre in 1985 in The Norwood Builder of the TV series Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett (Sherlock Holmes).
After the strangulation of a rich widow, her necklace turns up in a pawnshop run by a young gypsy woman named Hagar. The police quickly zero in on a chief suspect, but Hagar has other ideas about the culprit. However, sometimes even her instincts can let her down.
- Hagar : Sara Kestelman
- Grubber : Joss Ackland
- Freddy : Stephen Chase
- Vark : Philip Locke
- Rose : Sara Craze
- Kitty : Rosemary Lord
- Miss Lyle : Kathleen Byron
- Mrs Arryford : Doris Rogers
- Sergeant Finch : Jonathan Adams
- Woman : Patricia Gerrard
- Charlie : Fred Radley
- Director : Don Leaver
- Screenplay : Owen Holder
- Producers : Jonathan Alwyn, Kim Mills
- Music : Robert Sharples