The Secret Case of Sherlock Holmes (play 2013 with Paige Bosler)
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
The Secret Case of Sherlock Holmes is an American play, written by Craig Sodaro and directed by Rebecca Slaby, performed by the 78 Drama Club of Friends School of Minnesota at the Friends School of Minnesota (St. Paul, MN, USA) on 26 april 2013, starring Paige Bosler as Sherlock Holmes and Abigail Palen as Dr. Watson.
Upstart detectives Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are on their first case. Their client, a young H. G. Wells, has hired the novice detectives to find a manuscript by Arthur Conan Doyle. Hiding from their angry landlord, Holmes and Watson duck into Wells's time machine, push a few buttons, and soon find themselves in the 21st century. They end up at the Freudly Institute, where they meet Marilyn Monroe, George Washington, Tarzan, Emily Dickinson, Count Dracula, Lizzie Borden, and Queen Victoria. Actually, these are patients at the institution with grandiose delusions that they are these famous characters, which explains why Holmes is treated like just another patient! And they think Watson is his doctor who's just "playing along"! When the body of an unknown victim is found on the grounds of the institute, Holmes sets out to uncover the clues, while trying to prove that he is the real Sherlock Holmes.
© Photos : Rebecca Slaby.
- Sherlock Holmes : Paige Bosler
- Dr. Watson : Abigail Palen
- Miss Pinchley / Officer Clark : Nehali van der Leeuw
- H. G. Wells / Henry Lee : Noah Sievers
- Inspector Lestrade : Jade Larson
- Dr. Sydney Freudley : Sonita van der Leeuw
- Ella Johnson : Emilia ?
- Mrs. Cobb Evy : Morgan ?
- Eddie Nash : Takele Thompson-Nelson
- Ruby Allen : Sophia ?
- Irene Adler : Reese ?
- Tom Smith : Paul ?
- Nancy Darling : Lauren ?
- Charlotte Hyde-White : Henry ?
- Dr. Carla Young : Tessa Newman-Heggie
- Mr. Willows : Elena Guevara Carlson
- Winifred Brownlow / Mrs. Hudson (voice) : Ellie ?
- Figure in black : Paul ?
- Director : Rebecca Slaby
- Playwright : Craig Sodaro
- Costume Design : Anne Lippin
- Stage Manager / Props : John ?
- Set Design : Brad Bradshaw