The Secret of the Magnifique
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S02E03 Cell 13||S02E05 The Absent-Minded Coterie >>|
The Secret of the Magnifique is the 4th episode in season 2 of the BBC TV series: The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Aired on 19 february 1973. 50 min.
J. T. Laxworthy is a fictional character created by E. Phillips Oppenheim in 1913.
The mysterious Mr. Laxworthy hires two ex-cons for a job in the south of France. But the self-described "adventurer" isn't after money. His eyes are on greater prizes - the most valuable secret of the French navy and the reputation of two very important men.
- J. T. Laxworthy : Bernard Hepton
- Anderson : Neil Mac Carthy
- Sydney Wing : Christopher Neame
- Mrs Bertrand : Mitzi Rogers
- Amiral Christador : John Nettleton
- Feeling Poington : Bruce Boa
- Marquis Lefant : Gary Watson
- Marie : Marie Peacock
- Mr. Helder : Peter Birrel
- Mrs Farrow : Joan Heath
- Foster : Larry Cross
- Director : Derek Bennett
- Screenplay : Gerald Kelsey
- Producers : Reginald Collin / Kim Mills
- Music : Robert Sharples