The Sensible Action of Lieutenant Holst
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
|<< S02E05 The Absent-Minded Coterie||S02E07 The Superfluous Finger >>|
The Sensible Action of Lieutenant Holst is the 6th episode in season 2 of the BBC TV series: The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Aired on 4 march 1973. 50 min.
Lieutenant Holst is a fictional character created by Palle Rosenkrantz.
- John Thaw (Lieutenant Holst) also played Jonathan Small in episode The Sign of Four of the Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes in 1987.
- Michael Turner (Inspector Anderson) also played Dr. Henry Reeves in episode The Case of the Exhumed Client of the Sherlock Holmes with Ronald Howard as Sherlock Holmes in 1987.
- Vernon Dobtcheff (Molbech) also played Sherlock Holmes in the short movie L'Hypothèse de la Reine Rouge in 2018.
The dangers of revolutionary Russia come to quiet Copenhagen when a countess from St. Petersburg flees to the Danish capital, claiming her anarchist brother-in-law is trying to kill her. The case falls to local cop Lt. Holst, who struggles to make sense of it all.
- Lieutenant Holst : John Thaw
- Ulla Holst : Virginia Stride
- Maria Wolkonski : Catherine Schell
- Dimitri Wolkonski : Philip Madoc
- Vordov : Anthony Newlands
- Molbech : Vernon Dobtcheff
- Inspector Anderson : Michael Turner
- Sergeant : Michael Bient
- Fat man : Paul Whitsun Jones
- Hotel Receptionist : Peter Whitebread
- Jeweller : John Gatrell
- Policeman : Ian Stirling
- Nicolai Wolonski : Julian Fox
- Girl : Sussanna Cast
- Russian police captain : Tony Sinbbald
- Director : Jonathan Alwyn
- Screenplay : Michael Meyer
- Producers : Reginald Collin, Kim Mills
- Music : Robert Sharples