The Shields Daily Gazette and Shipping Telegraph
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
The Shields Daily Gazette and Shipping Telegraph was a weekly British newspaper established in South Shields on 24 february 1849 as the North & South Shields Gazette and Northumberland and Durham Advertiser, and ceased publication on 30 december 1916.
In 1881, the newspaper published a short story written by Arthur Conan Doyle.
By Conan Doyle in The Shields Daily Gazette
- 19.04.1881 : A Night Among the Nihilists (anonymously)
- 13.09.1892 : The Sale of Nelson's Ship
- 21.08.1893 : Marriage between Constance Doyle and E. W. Hornung
- 02-14.10.1893 : Rain, Rivers and the Sea (lecture)
- 03.09.1895 : J. M. Barrie in the Engadine
- 05.10.1911 : Sherlock Holmes. Death of Eminent Scotch Surgeon (Joseph Bell)
- 29.05.1916 : Russian Visitors to British Front