Adventures of the Improvised Sherlock Holmes
From The Arthur Conan Doyle Encyclopedia
Adventures of the Improvised Sherlock Holmes is a British play, directed by Tom Wilkinson, performed by The Ghostwriters in UK and Australia from 2015 to 2017, mostly in Edinburgh, starring different actors as Sherlock Holmes.
The show rotates who plays Sherlock Holmes each day, with more than a nod to local references to do with the birthplace of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: Edinburgh. The show is completely new every day, prompted by a suggestion slip we pick out of a silk top hat. Everyone in the queue gets to suggest what the case Sherlock will solve that day will be.
Interview (Alice Winn and Tom Wilkinson) + extracts
© Photos : The Ghostwriters.
The show rotates who plays Sherlock Holmes each day.
- Improvised character : Daniel Nils Roberts
- Improvised character : Alice Winn
- Improvised character : Sam Plumb
- Improvised character : Rebecca Macmillan
- Improvised character : Tom Skelton
- Improvised character : Dylan Townley
- Improvised character : Tom Wilkinson
- 6-30 august : Edinburgh Festival Fringe (Edinburgh, UK)
- Perth Fringe (Australia)
- 4-28 august : Edinburgh Festival Fringe (Edinburgh, UK)
- 3-27 august : Old Foundry Room in Just The Tonic At The Community Project (Edinburgh Festival Fringe, UK)