The Ripening Rubies
|<< S01E11 The Assyrian Rejuvenator||S01E13 The Case of Laker, Absconded >>|
The Ripening Rubies is the 12th episode in season 1 of the BBC TV series: The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes. Aired on 2 december 1971. 50 min.
Bernard Sutton is a fictional character created by Max Pemberton.
- Terence Bayler (The Duke) also played Carlos in the TV movie Dr. Watson and the Darkwater Hall Mystery in 1974 with Edward Fox.
- John Warner (Mr. Piercy) also played Peter Giles in the movie Without a Clue in 1988 with Michael Caine.
- John Gatrell (Major General) also played Equerry in the movie The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes in 1970.
- Richard Pescud (Bodley) also played a doctor in the movie Murder by Decree in 1979 with Christopher Plummer.
An ex-con makes a rookie mistake-trying to sell a stolen ruby necklace back to the craftsman who made it. The jeweler, Bernard Sutton, soon discovers that a string of high-society women are losing their expensive adornments. Shunning the heavy-handed approach of the police, he sets his own trap to catch the thief.
- Bernard Sutton : Robert Lang
- Mrs Kavanagh : Moira Redmond
- Lady Faber : Lally Bowers
- Lord Faber : Richard Humdall
- Inspector Illingworth : Windsor Davies
- Abel : Steve Hodson
- The Duke : Terence Bayler
- Briggs : James Cairn Cross
- Jaffee : Ron Pember
- Constable Bellows : Leon Collins
- Mr. Piercy : John Warner
- Major General : John Gatrell
- Vicar : John Owens
- Ethel : Maggie Wells
- Mrs Wycherly : Joan Hentley
- Mrs Brand : Renata Roman
- Bodley : Richard Pescud
- Director : Alan Cooke
- Screenplay : Anthony Skene
- Producers : Robert Love, Lloyd Shirley
- Music : Robert Sharples